Homegrown courgettes/zucchini are delicious & full of nutrients!CONTINUE READING
I love soups and (like my Dad) I can eat soups all year round. Vegetable soups are my absolute favorite. Easy to prepare & so healthy!
When browsing the internet I always bookmark thousands of recipes to try out (someday). Slow Cooker recipes are my obsession because they involve little preparation & the end result is always succulent…and I can batch cook for the week.
I have never cooked a soup in the slow cooker, so today I decided to try one which I found on Taralynne’s blog. I tweaked it abit because I wanted to use the vegetables which I had in the fridge & in the freezer. This minestrone soup is adaptable to all sorts of vegetables. And not only; it is jam packed with nutrients and only 106 kcal per serving. A delicious meal with no guilt feelings!
So…dust off your slow cooker & get cooking…in 10 mins you will have this goodness simmering away.
Here’s how it looks:
Mix well before setting the time!
And now enjoy!
The recipe is available below & you can print or save!
And…if you do not have a slow cooker…worry not! Here’s a couple which I recommend.
Click on the image to buy:
Breville Black 4.5 Litre Slow Cooker
- - 1 Cup Frozen Peas
- - 1 Cup Mangetout/Sugar Snap Peas
- - 1 Cup String Beans
- - 1 Cup Fresh/Frozen Broad Beans
- - 12 Cherry Tomatoes or Small Tomatoes (Optional)
- - 2 Large Courgettes
- - 2 Large Carrots
- - 1 Large Onion
- - 500 Grams Fresh Mushrooms
- - 1 Head of Broccoli
- - 2 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- - 2 Cans Tomatoe Sauce (500ML/each)
- - 500 ML Vegetable Broth
- - 1/2 Tbsp Black Pepper
- - 1/2 Tsp Salt
- - 1/8 Cup Fresh/Dried Oregano
- - 1 Tbsp Extra Light Virgin Olive Oil
- - 2 Tbsp Light Brown Sugar
- Wash, clean & roughly chop the vegetables
- Halve the tomatoes (If you are using any)
- Prepare vegetable broth. I used a vegetable stock cube/jelly & added 500 ml boiling water. Stir well.
- Put all the vegetables in the slow cooker pot
- Add the sauces, crushed garlic, herbs, sugar & olive oil
- Season with the salt & pepper
- Pour the vegetable broth on top of all the ingredients & seasonings
- Mix well all the ingredients with a wooden soup
- Transfer the pot to the slow cooker
- Set your slow cooker & you're done!
- And then...after 6 hours....ENJOY!
- - I used the vegetables which I had in the fridge & freezer. Other suggestions: celery, potatoes, yams, sweet potatoes & peppers...whatever takes your fancy!
- - Measurements are for a 5.7Litre Slow Cooker. Half the recipe if your slow cooker is a 3/3.5 Litre
- - This soup can be kept, in a tight sealed container, in the refrigerator up to a week
- - It freezes well. It's best to freeze in individual portions (freezer bags tightly knotted/closed work just fine)